Pittsburgh Auto Transport Terms and Conditions
Vehicle transportation booked by the Customer and their duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”) through Pittsburgh Auto Transport is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms specified in the Bill of Lading. Customers can receive copies of these documents upon request.
These Terms and Conditions are a contract between the Customer and Pittsburgh Auto Transport. And these contract Terms and Conditions shall be incorporated by reference into and made part of any and all orders placed with Pittsburgh Auto Transport by the owner(s) or agent(s) designated in the Order Form.
Additionally, Pittsburgh Auto Transport is a bonded and fully licensed Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT. The Customer also understands that Pittsburgh Auto Transport is a registered transportation and property broker. As such, Pittsburgh Auto Transport only acts in the capacity of a broker. Thus, the Customer allows Pittsburgh Auto Transport to contract licensed and insured Motor Car Hauler(s), (hereby referred to as “Hauler”) to transport the Customer’s vehicle(s), as laid out in the shipping Order Form.
Pickup and Dropoff
1. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Pittsburgh Auto Transport is authorized to arrange transportation from pickup location to the destination location, as specified in the Order Form. Additionally, the Hauler, which will be assigned by Pittsburgh Auto Transport, is approved to transport the Customer’s motor vehicle(s) from the locations designated for pickup and drop off. And these locations shall be determined within the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
2. Then, the designated Hauler will pick up and deliver the Customer’s vehicle(s) as close to the Customer’s desired locations as possible. This shall be done according to legalities as well as safety concerns. A new location may be agreed upon between the Customer and Hauler if necessary. This may need to happen due to any legal concerns (ex. restricted areas, etc.) or unsafe conditions (ex. low hanging trees, narrow streets, hanging wires, etc.).
3. There are absolutely no guarantees for dates and times regarding pickup or delivery. Weather issues, mechanical problems, road delays, or other unforeseen conditions could result in delays prior to and/or during shipment. Thus, Pittsburgh Auto Transport will provide the Customer with an estimated, but not guaranteed, date for delivery and pickup.
4. Additionally, Pittsburgh Auto Transport will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind or for any reason. This includes Customer’s car rental fees or other types of accommodation fees. Additionally, Pittsburgh Auto Transport cannot be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Customer’s vehicle.
5. The Customer is responsible for preparing their vehicle(s) for the transportation. In order to do this, the Customer must remove and/or secure any loose parts (ex. any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) Additionally, the Customer must take off any outside mounted storage or racks. Basically, any items that are not permanently attached to the vehicle should be removed before the transport.
6. The Customer also must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle. If they do not, they must then provide instructions for the Hauler to do it. If they do not provide the Hauler with keys or instructions to turn off an alarm and the alarm sounds along the transport, the Hauler is authorized to silence the alarm by any means.
7. Unless otherwise noted within the order, the Customer must present all vehicles to the Hauler in good running condition. Additionally, if any part of the vehicle falls off during the transport, it is the responsibility of the Customer, not the Hauler. Additionally, this includes any damages resulting from those parts to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
8. Because Pittsburgh Auto Transport ships nationwide, it provides vehicle shipping services to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico by the use of vessels. Thus, for any orders involving Ocean Transport, the Customer must completely empty vehicle(s) of everything except for factory-installed equipment.
9. If the vehicle detailed on the shipping order is inoperable or oversized (ex. dual or oversized wheels, lifted, racks, extra-large, limo, etc.), the Customer must notify Pittsburgh Auto Transport and inquire about possible additional charges.
10. If the Customer is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must elect another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Customer understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
Shipping Personal Belongings
11. The Customer may place personal property inside the vehicle to be transported along with the vehicle. Generally, if the luggage or belongings exceed 100 lbs., the Customer should discuss the matter directly with the Hauler. Both the Hauler and Pittsburgh Auto Transport are not liable for any personal property left in the vehicle. Also, neither are liable for any damages caused to vehicle due to excessive or improper loading of said personal property.
12. The Hauler will never ship or agree to ship any dangerous or harmful personal property in the Customer’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to explosives, firearms, ammunition, flammable materials, negotiable or legal papers, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, furs, live plants, etc. In essence, no items will be transported that are considered illegal or dangerous.
13. And, the Customer agrees that Pittsburgh Auto Transport or the Hauler is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. In the case of this situation, no compensation will be given to the Customer.
14. Additionally, both the Hauler and Pittsburgh Auto Transport will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal property. If the Customer wants to leave anything in the vehicle, it is at the Customer’s own risk.
15. Both the Customer and the Hauler must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (in terms of the exterior) at the time of the pickup. Then, they should complete a vehicle inspection report. This report is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Hauler and Customer must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. Then, the Customer has to sign the Bill of Lading. They should receive a copy after it is signed.
16. At the time the vehicle is delivered, the Customer, with the Hauler present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages that occurred during the transportation process. Then, the Hauler and Customer must both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. Afterward, the Customer shall sign and then receive the final copy of the Bill of Lading.
17. If there are any damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading in the designated place. After, indicating damages, the Customer needs to sign the Bill of Lading. If the Customer signs both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that means that the Customer has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in an acceptable condition. This also verifies that the Hauler no longer is responsible or liable for anything involving the Customer’s vehicle.
18. All responsibility is given to the Hauler after signing the Bill of Lading. The Hauler is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. All insurance claims must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of the delivery of the vehicle(s). Pittsburgh Auto Transport will provide the details of the Hauler’s insurance policy to the Customer upon request. The Customer agrees that Pittsburgh Auto Transport is not responsible for any property damage claims to the Customer’s vehicle. Instead, the liabilities fall upon the Hauler and the Hauler’s insurance. However, neither Pittsburgh Auto Transport nor the Hauler will be held responsible for damage caused by force majeure (i.e. damage from storms) or any damages that occur from worn/broken parts of vehicle or added personal belongings.
19. The Customer also agrees and understands that Pittsburgh Auto Transport is only responsible for procuring a Hauler for the shipment of the Customer’s vehicle/property. Thus, it is the Hauler that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the first inspection is completed and the Customer signs the Bill of Lading. After the Hauler delivers the vehicle, the final inspection is completed, and the Customer signs the Bill of Lading, the Hauler is no longer liable.
Payment Methods and Terms
20. After Pittsburgh Auto Transport has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Hauler for the Customer’s shipping order, Pittsburgh Auto Transport will notify the Customer based on the contact information given during the booking process. For all orders placed through Pittsburgh Auto Transport, a deposit consisting of a small part of the payment is required at pickup. This nonrefundable deposit is calculated according to factors of the shipment. This includes variable such as the type and condition of the vehicle; the type of shipment requested; and the distance of the shipment (according to the pickup and drop off locations).
21. Pittsburgh Auto Transport’s services are considered rendered once a Hauler is assigned to an order and begins travel to the pickup location. Thus, the small deposit fee charged upon the pickup is considered the payment for services already rendered. For this reason, the deposit is nonrefundable. Any remaining payments are due to the Hauler at the time of delivery.
22. The Customer is responsible for providing the full payment owed when the Hauler delivers the vehicle. These payments can be made in the form of money order, cash, or cashier’s check. Other forms of payment, such as business checks, credit or debit cards, should be agreed upon between the Hauler and the Customer prior to the delivery. Please note that funds must be made payable to the delivering Hauler and not to Pittsburgh Auto Transport.
23. If the Customer is unable to make the payment, the Customer understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at Customer’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Customer pays all transport charges in full. Additionally, if the Customer (or the Customer’s selected agent) is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Customer.
24. Additionally, the Customer agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to Pittsburgh Auto Transport or the Hauler in full. This means that the Customer agrees to not attempt to dispute the payment for any reason (such as damage claims, delays, or other unforeseen circumstances). If there are any of these issues, the Customer must note them on the Bill of Lading. After, the Customer should file a claim with the Hauler’s insurance. This is considered a separate matter than the payment for the transportation services.
25. If the Customer chooses to cancel their order, they must contact their representative or another member of Pittsburgh Auto Transport right away. The Customer has the option to cancel a transportation order with Pittsburgh Auto Transport at any time with NO CANCELLATION FEE.
26. The Customer agrees that Pittsburgh Auto Transport also has the right to reject or cancel any order. Pittsburgh Auto Transport may cancel an order for any reason and at any time.
27. According to this agreement, Pittsburgh Auto Transport is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims, demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property).
28. Pittsburgh Auto Transport is not responsible no matter if these are brought by an individual or another entity and then imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions, or willful misconduct of Pittsburgh Auto Transport or the Hauler (or any personnel, agents, or connected parties). This includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, as well as any reimbursements to the Company for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
29. Additionally, these terms shall override all previous written or oral communication between Pittsburgh Auto Transport and the Customer. Once a Customer books the services of Pittsburgh Auto Transport, they have agreed to all of the above terms. The Customer warrants that they have read this agreement in its entirety and accepts the terms.
The Customer understands and agrees to the above terms by partaking in a transaction with Pittsburgh Auto Transport. Additionally, the Customer waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions. The Customer will not hold Pittsburgh Auto Transport responsible for any costs or fees that arise due to not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of the contract terms for Pittsburgh Auto Transport laid out above. These terms and conditions are subject to changes, alterations, or updates by Pittsburgh Auto Transport at any time.