The Pittsburgh police received a call for a baby who wasn’t breathing. The red liquid was discovered on 17-month –old Charrette Napper –Talley’s bed. Her apartment is located in East Hills.
The little kid died in the hospital. The reason that caused the death was the presence of fentanyl in the toddler’s blood according to the results of two tests.
The death of Charlette was identified as a homicide due to fentanyl poisoning. This is according to the medical examiner’s office.
Charlette’s mother, 23-years-old Jhanea Pratt, was charged with custody for homicide and endangering the welfare of a child. She is being held in the Allegheny County Jail.
Ms. Pratt and her boyfriend were taking care of the kid on the day of death. The boyfriend was identified in court paperwork as Albert Williams.
He told the police that he was looking after Charlette during the day at the home located at 2200 block of East Hills Drive while Ms. Pratt was in school at Community College of Allegheny County’s Homewood –Brushton center.
Charlette was given a drink in her pink sippy cup by Williams.
According to police, Mr. Williams went to get marijuana before he picked up Ms. Pratt at school.
Later on, they both refused to accept the fact of using, transporting or storing heroin or fentanyl.
Willaims told the police that a fruit-flavored drink tasted funny to her. This is what he said in response to police’s question, how the fentanyl got into the cup.
Charlette’s mother said she put her daughter to sleep and gave her the sippy cup. She came back to check on the girl and she found her not breathing. It was an hour later after she smoked marijuana.
Investigators claimed she gave Charlette a drink in the cup. The little girl would have died soon after ingesting fentanyl. But she did not stop breathing until 6 p.m.
According to the affidavit , Jhanea Pratt was the only person next to Charlette during the afternoon hours.